Thursday, February 2, 2017

2017 Resolutions.

So I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it here but growing up, my family was very typical and standard during the holidays. For Thanksgiving we would all gather and watch the Macy’s Day Parade even though we were not fans, it was “tradition!”. During Christmas it was that exciting time of writing to Santa about all the things we hoped to find under the Christmas tree. On New Years’ Eve we would all be sure to jump at midnight with money in our hands in hopes it would promote good fortune (but thinking back now I’m wondering if this was just a Filipino Tradition). On New Years’ Day it was time to talk about and set our resolutions for the new year. Fast Forward to present day and…I’m pretty sure I might be the only one in my family that still follows these (rather silly) traditions. But for me, setting some goals (okay maybe like 10-15 goals in a detailed list) has somehow always made me feel pretty damn good and motivated. Though the question is… after all these years, have I been able to even complete all of them during the year. The answer is simple: No.

I’ve never been an over achiever and until this day I still seem to try and give myself way more than I can handle. Not quite sure why I do so, but I do. And naturally its taken me years to get to the point that I am at today. My 2017 Resolutions!!! (Lets all clap because this time I think they are quite do-able within the year J). This year I’ve decided to try three main goals. YES, just THREE. Seems easy enough right? I once watched a video about trying to get goals completed and how she (the lady in the video of course) said that she likes to give herself three tasks to complete in day because then she feels its easy to accomplish and by doing so each day you will get a lot done. So I tried it. AND BY GOLLY, it worked for me. SO here I am, looking to complete three main goals this year at which I hope will better myself in the long run. So without further ado, here they go….


MY 2017 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS/GOALS:
1) Change My Mindset
2) Live Simple
3) Get sh*t done!!! JJJ

No comments:

Post a Comment