Tuesday, September 6, 2011

5 Tips To Land A Job!

I'm gonna be brutally honest with you... You know how hard it is to find a job. Well that's not even the hard part. Its probably doubled that these days. Companies are looking for capable workers but not those who overstep their their boundaries. Here is 5 tips that will help you narrow down your job search. Trust me....

1. DO NOT BE PICKY.
Let's face it, you not only need a job but you need the money. And unless by some miracle you have found your dream job, you shouldn't be afraid to start at the bottom. What do you have to lose?

2. DO NOT SET YOUR SCHEDULE.
This is a definite RED FLAG. Why should a company hire you to work for them, if you are trying to set your own schedule???

3. FILL IN THE GAPS.
Its true, hiring managers look at those gaps in-between your work experience. If you have a good reason then go with that, BUT MAY I ADD, be honest but DON'T TELL YOUR LIFE STORY. (IE; "Reason for Leaving: Because I had medical issues that allowed me not to complete my job."). Which leads to my 4th....

4. BE BRIEF.
Save the stories for an interview. Its okay to leave brief descriptions in your "Reason for Leaving" section. We need to know your intentions but NOT YOUR LIFE STORY.

5. VOLUNTARY vs. INVOLUNTARY QUIT.
If you were consistent with how long you've worked and when. This actually is irrelevant.


And may I add..... Be courteous to others.
You never know who you will be interviewing with:)

PART II coming soon.................

No comments:

Post a Comment